Mini Banoffee Tarts
This refined sugar free, gluten and dairy free version of the classic Banoffee dessert is so delightfully indulgent, it will soon become a family favourite!
1 ½ cup almond meal
3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoon Mount Somers Honey and Vanilla
1 egg, beaten lightly
1 400ml can of coconut cream
2 tablespoon Mount Somers Honey and Caramel
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1/2 cup coconut cream (left in fridge overnight to harden)
1 tablespoon Mount Somers Honey and Vanilla
1 banana sliced into coins
Dark chocolate for shavings
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C fan bake.
- Mix the crust ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
- Fill the tart tins, using your fingers to distribute evenly on the base and sides.
- Bake the crusts for 10 minutes or until starting to brown, then remove and allow to cool before removing from the tins.
- Add caramel ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to as low as it goes then stir for 5-10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Pour the caramel into a small jug and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool and thicken.
- Spoon the caramel into the crusts and top with banana coins. Return to the fridge.
- Beat the cream ingredients with a hand beater until light and fluffy then spoon onto the tarts. Grate the chocolate over each tart and serve.